The Economy Camper is well-suited for the Icelandic highlands but also very comfortable for driving the ring road, the national road around the island which connects most of the inhabited parts of the country.
The Economy camper features an 2004-2006 Mitsubishi L200 4×4 with a more recent pop-up camper mated to it. Stored in a heated warehouse in the winter and only used during the summer months, our Economy campers are meticulously maintained, with preventative maintenance taking place each spring. We commonly replace engine belts, brake pads/shoes, individual suspension components showing wear and batteries.
- Manual transmission
- 2x4 HI, 4x4 HI and 4x4 LOW
- 100-116 hp turbo-diesel motor
- 12L/100km fuel consumption / 20 MPG
- AUX-input for music
- Reinforced mountain tires (BFGoodrich or equivalent, 8-ply, load class E)
- 7 ft. pop-up
- Main lofted bed is 120x195cm
- Seating and table transform into a second bed 110x190cm
- Under bed-storage
- Cabinet storage
- 2 burner stove
- Propane-electric heater
- Requires 11V to ignite.
- Backup electric heater (only with external 220V)
- Ceiling lights
- 220V sockets can be used when the camper is plugged into ground electricity (available at most campsites)
- Sink and faucet with electric water pump
- 40 L fresh water tank
- Camping kit